Monday 26 July 2010

Chinese 'holidays' strike again

I've just checked out what holidays I'm going to get in September and October, because I know that mid-autumn festival and National Day will be around that time.  Mid-autumn festival gives us a bonus 1 day off (or 3 days, as they call it), and National Day is really only 3 days off (even though they call it 7).  Here are the dates:

Mid-autumn festival 22nd-24th September (Wednesday-Friday)
National Day holiday 1st-7th October (Friday-Thursday)

We have to work some Saturdays and Sundays around these days to qualify for the super duper time off, so it goes like this:

Work a normal week.
One day weekend.
Three days on.
Three days off.
Six days on.
Seven days off.
Two days on.
One day weekend.
Work a normal week.

What the hell?  That's pretty much a month's worth of screwed up work weeks, and I really don't think that tradition should have this much effect on productivity.  Also, my dad is coming to visit in September, so now I have to find some time where it won't be completely mad because of holidays, but when I can still get time off to see him.  I was also hoping to go away for a long weekend, but I doubt that's going to happen.  Argh.

Posted via email from Banana Undercover

No comments:

Post a Comment