Wednesday 6 April 2011

We don't have the technology

Last week: I ordered a new Chinese textbook from a website that my Chinese teacher recommended (dangdang.cn if anyone's interested). 

Today: A smaller than expected box arrives. I think: it's OK, I have somehow managed to buy CDs instead of a book, I'm a bit of an idiot, but at least I can listen to the CDs. I open the box, and I have sets of TAPES. CASSETTE TAPES. Sadly, I left my Walkman back in the '90s, so I have no way at all to listen to them. I can't be bothered to send them back because they were very cheap (suspiciously so, looking back). I couldn't find the exact book that they support, but I ordered a different one. Hopefully it will be OK, and an actual book. 

Tomorrow: Explain to my Chinese teacher how I'm an idiot.

Posted via email from Banana Undercover

No comments:

Post a Comment