Thursday 15 January 2009

It's probably better that I don't know

I don't know what one of the components of my dinner was tonight.  I'm not sure if it's a good or a bad thing.

I went to a nearby little restaurant that I haven't tried before.  I ordered takeaway beef on rice with green veges.  Fairly safe, I hoped.

Unfortunately, they were all out, so I had to make another choice.  I had a look at the pictures, and nothing else really looked appetizing (or recognisable).  The guy suggested the last picture, which looked kind of like pork ribs, although I didn't recognise any of the characters in the name (there wasn't even the one for meat!).  So I hope it was some fancy name for something that I'm happy eating, because it was more expensive than the beef.

In any case, it was pretty average.  The soup was fine and so were the rice and veges.  The meat was ribby, and a little gristly. 

I still ate most of it.

I'm really not that picky, especially when I make an effort not to think about the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment