Thursday 12 March 2009

On the way to work today...

...it was raining pretty steadily.  I saw a little old lady wearing a grey beanie (or toque, for Canadians) with a see-through plastic shower cap over the top.  It was kind of wonderful.

Not so wonderful was the fact that I was already late for work when I ordered my coffee at the bakery, and they took absolutely forever to make it.  Some white girl kicked up a fuss, and they gave her what should have been MY coffee, and then I had to wait even longer.  People were faffing around behind the counter, not making espresso and not frothing my milk.  In the end, I brattily made them give me an extra shot of espresso, thinking all the while that it probably wouldn't do much to help my mood. 

Thank goodness for old ladies in makeshift rain gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment