Tuesday 23 June 2009

Melting...

The temperatures are going up, and even though we're maxing out at about 33 Celsius right now, the humidity makes walking home like walking through a hot, low-hanging cloud.  It's disgusting.  I finally gave in and started using the AC at home last week.  I put it off for as long as possible, because I knew I would do it all the time after I got used to it.  And even though I walk for short periods between air-conditioned buildings and vehicles, I still feel fairly gross, and extra showers are a necessity.

Today I saw a couple of men get off the bus carrying foldable fans, which made me happy (I own two and like to carry at least one around with me).

I also saw a man walking around trying to sell binoculars.   I'm sure he does a roaring trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment