Saturday 22 August 2009

Sending up a flare...

At the time that I started my blog in China, Blogger services were freely available, and I didn't really foresee that changing.  However, I underestimated the long arm of the guy who pushes the buttons on the Great Firewall, and here I am with a blog that my ideal audience (i.e. possible sympathisers) can't actually view.  Not the best of situations.

Periodically I also try new services.  Not that often, as I am resistant to change, usually do my research before I jump ship, and hate when all my previous work is done away with if it's not compatible.

So, here I go, trying a recently-discovered email-to-blog system which will hopefully be new enough that China won't block it any time soon.  I have to email most of my posts in these days anyway, so I'll just see how it goes. 

There are a few restrictions that I am worried about, but I'm sure they'll iron themselves out in the end. 

For the foreseeable future, though, I will be parallel-posting (is  that a term?) in two different places: http://bananaundercover.blogspot.com, and http://bananaundercover.posterous.com.  I have imported my previous posts already, and am looking forward to something new, shiny, easy, and visible.

Posted via email from Banana Undercover

No comments:

Post a Comment