Sunday 7 March 2010

Did I forget to mention how I feel about the smoking ban in Shanghai?

Because I'm totally stoked about it.  I didn't actually find out until after it came into effect (at the beginning of the month), but I'm so happy that smoking is now banned in most public places (and if people are allowed to smoke, they need to have a dedicated smoking area).  The widespread smoking here has always been a bit of an issue for me (mostly when you're trying to eat and some dickhead at the next table is blowing smoke in your face), although I tried not to complain about it too much because, well, western countries still haven't all come into line about it (apparently you're still allowed to smoke in bars in Wisconsin?).  But, now that there are rules (although who knows how often they will be enforced), I am really happy about it.  I hope it means that next time I go to the hospital, the doctor won't be finishing off a cigarette like he was the first time I had to go.

Other things to be happy about are perfect Sunday eggs at Mesa (thanks for the recommendation, Wo Ai), tasty tea and free wi-fi at Citizen, old school Bon Jovi, and Thai mangos waiting for me when I get home. 

Posted via email from Banana Undercover

No comments:

Post a Comment