Wednesday 3 March 2010

Twhy?

So, I have been kind of against the whole idea of Twitter for a long time now, but I have admitted to myself that it's likely because it's another one of those ideas with a lot of potential, but when put in the hands of the idiotic masses made me want to hide under the bed covers. 

Recently I've been noticing more people who I would want to follow on Twitter posting on Twitter, so I thought I'd finally give it a go to see what it can do for me. 

One big problem - Twitter is unavailable in China.  Why did I pick this time and place to sign up?  Probably mostly because I am the queen of bad timing.  So, I have spent an hour or so using a shaky VPN service to sign up and connect with a few other services that I will be using to help me read/post (ping.fm, Posterous, Shozu on my phone, Google Reader).  I know I won't be able to use the full capacity of the service, but it will be interesting to see what can be done from within the GFW. Let's call it another experiment.

Of course, I have still yet to solve the issue that neither of my blogs (and now this Twitter account) are available in China, where I think people would be the most interested in what I have to say.  Hmm.

Anyway, follow me, I guess!  @bananaundercovr

Posted via email from Banana Undercover

No comments:

Post a Comment